Monday, March 14, 2011

Very Bad News

Oh…oh god.  Oh god oh god oh god.

They’re dead.  The old man and woman.  They’re both dead.  I came downstairs this morning and there was a weird smell and I walked into the kitchen and they were both laying there dead on the floor.

Oh my…blood.  Blood everywhere.  It was all over.  It looked like they had both been gored in the chest.  I started retching, so I ran upstairs to the bathroom.  I spent a good half hour just throwing up and sobbing.  The blood.  It…it was everywhere.  So brutal.  Why did they…oh god.

But anyway, the bad news doesn’t stop there.  They were dead.  I saw them.  It wasn’t a dream.  You don’t imagine a sight like that.  Or a smell.  But when I finally worked up the nerve to go back downstairs, the bodies were gone.  Everything had been cleaned up.  I looked around, and all I could find was a face-down playing card.  The back had something scrawled on it:

Now what
We're taking control
We get what we want
We do what you don't
Dirt and glitter cover the floor
We're pretty and sick
We're young and we're bored

I turned the card over.  The King of Hearts.  Again, a message scrawled on it:

We are taking over.  Get used to it.

The Gambler

They’re…oh, god, they’re dead.  And now there’s this.  I…does anyone have any idea what that message means?  Most of it’s fairly obvious, but there’s parts that seem…I don’t know, unusual.  Unnatural, maybe.  The last three lines that were on the back, mostly.  Does anyone have any idea what it could mean?  I have a feeling that my life depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment