Saturday, March 5, 2011

Beautiful night!

I'm staying with an older couple out in the countryside at the moment.  They're such nice people.  But anyway, I decided last night that I'd take advantage of the fact that I'm about a mile from anywhere else right now and go for a walk.  There's some beautiful landscapes around here.  A hike in the brisk mountain air did me a lot of good.

Evidently, someone else was around, because I heard the clopping of hooves somewhere nearby.  Someone must have gone horseback riding.  I couldn't really see who it was, or even tell where they were, just because it was so dark, so I ended up missing them, unfortunately.  Bit of a shame.  I've been looking forward to meeting some of the people out here.

I felt like I could have stayed out there for hours.  It was such a beautiful night!  I guess what finally drove me inside was a sense of uneasiness.  I just felt like someone was watching me.  In fact, I think I may have seen them.  It could just have been an awkward twist of the branches or a trick of the shadows, or both, but in the distance, I saw...I don't know.  It looked like a human figure, standing in a tree.  I know this is going to sound crazy, but it looked like he was wearing a top hat.  Why would he be wearing a top hat?  It also looked like he was holding...something.  Something with a long handle.  But that wasn't the weirdest part.  The weirdest part was that it looked like he had horns.  Wait, no, they were too low for horns.  Tusks?  I don't know.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was a trick of the light or something.  Because honestly, why would someone be watching me from a tree?  That's just silly, right?  Anyway, I'm about ready to head to sleep after talking for a while with the couple I'm staying with.  I'll tell you more about them tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This may sound crazy, but I'm a professional on some university and I have seen cases that remind of yours.
    Tell me, have you ever heard of a show called my little pony where the main character looks like this http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_twilight_sparkle.jpeg ? I have the theory you may be facing this very creature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah...I have no idea what you're talking about. I think you've got the wrong blog. I saw nothing that looked like a cartoon pony.

    ReplyDelete